In July 2020, Demotech Inc., the official research partner of Insurance Journal, identified the nation’s Super Regional Property/Casualty Insurers — P/C insurers writing multiple lines of insurance in multiple states. To determine the companies for the 2020 Super Regional Property/Casualty Insurer™ list, Demotech used these specific, objective qualifying criteria and thresholds evaluated as of Dec. 31, 2019:
- Active, individual companies.
- Reporting data using the property/casualty annual statement format.
- At least $1 million of direct premium written in each of two to 34 states.
- Less than 90 percent of direct premium written in any one state.
- Less than 90 percent of direct premium written in any one line of business.
- Policyholders surplus of at least $100 million.
- Net premium written of at least $50 million.
- Direct premium written of at least $25 million.
In general, a Super Regional Property/Casualty Insurer™ is an individual company writing multiple lines of insurance in multiple states. Risk retention groups, surplus lines insurers and reinsurers are not eligible for the Super Regional category because they are assigned to other classifications.
We are excited to have received this prestigious ranking by Insurance Journal and will continue to work with our producers to provide them with the tools they need to succeed to continue to write business with us. We are proud to be a neighborhood business with a national reach that was started by one man and a lot of elbow grease. Today, we are a company that writes business in all 50 states.